Welcome to the stunning Ocean Walker Crystal Lake! Built over calcite crystals which have been proven to deliver therapeutic benefits, this lake is the first of its kind. Built in Lincolnshire, England our 7 acre lake has been created for the ultimate swim and well being experience. We have a shallow beginners area for novice swimmers to enjoy and a deeper area for the more experienced.
When open water swimming is not running, our venue is either hired out privately for functions/conferences/events etc or we are running 1-1 lessons in our endless pool.
BOOK A SWIM (APR-OCT £11.50)
You can book a single session swim for £11.50 per person per slot, OR if you know you will be coming regularly you can buy a PACKAGE and receive a discounted rate. Packages are for the individual who will be participating - you cannot share a package with friends/family etc. All bookings (package or single bookings) must be in the participants name.
If you are booking for someone else (e.g. someone under 18) please ensure the booking has their name on it.
Please ensure you read below and our full t&c's prior to booking.
- All sessions must be booked online – sorry we cannot accept walk-ins / telephone bookings.
- Bookings are first come first served.
- When you book, you are agreeing to our t&c's and waiver agreement.
- You must be a competent swimmer and confident in the water.
- You don't have to have attended a Taster Course to book a swim in-season (Apr-Oct), but it is highly recommended if this is new to you.
- Non-swimmers welcome to accompany a pre-paid swimmer in the same car @ £3 per person. Please don't leave children under 18 unsupervised while you swim.
- Sorry no dogs allowed on this session type.
- Bring the correct swimwear - VIEW SWIM EQUIPMENT REQUIRED>>
- Absolutely no picnics, bbqs, own food brought onto site.
- Your 1 hour slot begins at the time you have booked. You will be required to exit the water when your slot finishes.
- You are at higher risk of Swimmers Itch when swimming open water during the Summer months.
*This is a brief overview, SCROLL DOWN TO READ IMPORTANT INFO AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE YOU BOOK!!BOOK A SWIM PACKAGE DEALS
TOP TIP: If you are booking a PACKAGE DEAL - buy this first, get your code, then book your swim sessions 😉
NEW TO OPEN WATER SWIMMING?
BOOK A TASTER COURSE
Don't throw yourself in at the deep end, we are here to help! If you haven't had any open water swimming experience at all, or maybe you have, but feel a little nervous about getting back in, then please sign yourself up for one of our taster sessions at the Ocean Walker Academy run by ADAM 'OCEAN' WALKER. These group sessions are the perfect way to introduce you to open water safely, with an experienced team taking you through the basics and getting you used to the incredible sensation of swimming outdoors.
A 2hr Taster Course is usually held on a weekend date (check available dates on the booking button below).
£50 per person.
Click button below to view dates and book with Adam Walker. Once booked, you will receive an email confirmation of your booking and useful info for the session.
(Sorry we don't allow spectators during our courses).
If you are looking to continue to swim through the WINTER months (November-March), then you will be required to take part in a WINTER CLUB INDUCTION COURSE. This is separate to an open water taster course. FIND OUT ABOUT WINTER SWIMMING>>
Warmer temperatures (May-Sept) mean it is time to protect yourself during open water swimming. If you are sensitive to allergies or swimmers itch, then we highly recommend you wear tight swim clothing (wetsuit or rash vest and leggings) any other areas of skin in contact with the water we would recommend applying a barrier cream. Either an actual 'Swimmers Itch Guard' or a suitable alternative.
BOOKING YOUR SWIM SESSION - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
BOOKINGS can be made in upto 1 hour in advance of the slot.
All bookings to be made online (we don't take phone bookings).
APPLIES TO 1HR SWIM SLOTS ONLY (NOT COURSES)
RESCHEDULING a booking requires 24hrs advance notice of your booked slot and cannot be done over the phone - you must reschedule your own booking via your confirmation email.
CANCELLING a booking requires 24hrs advance notice of your booked slot and cannot be done over the phone - you must cancel your own booking via your confirmation email. Please note that a cancelled booking will not automatically refund you. If you have a package, the cancelled session will automatically go back onto your certificate. Refunds for cancellations are time consuming on administration and so are carried out once a month. Cancelled appointments are subject to a payment processing fee which is non-refundable.
*Please note calling us will not allow you to make any last minute changes to your appointment. We cannot change your appointment for you.
OPEN WATER SWIMMING - AVAILABLE DATES AND TIMES
Our open water swim sessions (MAY-OCT) run Tues - Fri evenings, daytime Thursdays and Saturdays PLUS Sunday mornings. Dates and time slots may change for special events/bookings etc.
You can view dates and times available to book when you click the BOOK A SWIM button.
Our Winter Club swim sessions run from November-March and are on Sundays at 10am, you can find out more about WINTER CLUB HERE>>
OPEN WATER SWIMMING - EQUIPMENT
The following list of equipment is standard in any swimming environment. Please remember we are a specialist swim training facility and by opening our lake up to you, we have certain rules that if followed will make yours and everyone elses experience safe and enjoyable.
- SWIM CAP BRIGHTLY COLOURED - for added visibility and warmth
- SWIM GOGGLES - front crawlers/head in water swimmers.
protects your eyes from the suns glare and any debris in the air or water
- SWIM SUIT / SWIM TRUNKS
- UNDER 18's: Wetsuit is compulsary when water temp is below 15 degrees.
(parent/guardian consent to swim without required at reception, please contact prior to booking)
- WETSUIT - for added warmth and buoyancy. Also helps protect skin and body.
(we have a small selection of adult wetsuits available to hire from reception on arrival)
- TOW FLOAT - for added visibility and for your safety (compulsary for novice or 16 years and under).
- RASH VEST - for added warmth and protection from the sun.
LET'S NOT FORGET
- WATERPROOF SWIM KIT BAG OR TUB - this is the UK...even when the suns out there is chance of rain!
- LARGE TOWEL - you will want to be wrapping up and drying off once out the water, don't forget your towel!
- ROBIE / ROBE / DRY ROBE - the absolute best way to get changed when there are no changing cubicles - keeps you warm and protects your modesty. Many options online for one of these and we highly recommend you add this to your kit list.
During warmer temperatures we highly recommend you protect your skin against nature (sunburn and allergens etc). Please read our RISKS OF OPEN WATER SWIMMING info sheet to find an overview and help you prepare for your safety and enjoyment.
We have a range of swimwear available to purchase from our reception or our website. You can view our product range online here>>
Tow floats are available to hire from reception for the duration of your swim.