Welcome to the stunning Ocean Walker Crystal Lake! Built over calcite crystals which have been proven to deliver therapeutic benefits, this lake is the first of its kind. Built in Lincolnshire, England our 7 acre lake has been created for the ultimate swim and well being experience. We have a shallow beginners area for novice swimmers to enjoy and a deeper area for the more experienced.
When open water swimming is not running, our venue is either hired out privately for functions/conferences/events etc or we are running 1-1 lessons in our endless pool.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
- All sessions must be booked online – sorry we cannot accept walk-ins / telephone bookings.
- Bookings are first come first served.
- When you book, you are agreeing to our t&c's and waiver agreement.
- You must be a competent swimmer and confident in the water.
- Upto 3 non-swimmers welcome to accompany a pre-paid swimmer in the same car (inc. dogs on leads) @ £3 per person. Please don't leave children under 18 unsupervised while you swim.
- Bring the correct swimwear - VIEW SWIM EQUIPMENT REQUIRED>>
- Absolutely no picnics, bbqs, own food brought onto site.
*This is a brief overview, READ OUR FULL T&C'S HERE>>
MAKE SURE YOU BRING THE REQUIRED EQUIPMENT (click to view)
NEW TO OPEN WATER SWIMMING?
SIGN UP FOR A TASTER SESSION HERE>>
FAMILY & YOUTH SWIMS
Sign up to our mailing list to be notified when we add more dates and events SIGN ME UP>>
BOOK YOUR SWIM SESSION HERE
BOOKINGS can be made in upto 2 hours advance of the slot.
All bookings to be made online (we don't take phone bookings).
RESCHEDULING a booking requires 24hrs advance notice of your booked slot and cannot be done over the phone - you must reschedule your own booking via your confirmation email.
CANCELLING a booking requires 24hrs advance notice of your booked slot and cannot be done over the phone - you must cancel your own booking via your confirmation email. Please note that a cancelled booking will not automatically refund you. Refunds for cancellations are time consuming on administration and so are carried out once a month. Cancelled appointments are subject to a payment processing fee which is non-refundable.
*Please note calling us will not allow you to make any last minute changes to your appointment. We cannot change your appointment for you.
OPEN WATER SWIMMING - AVAILABLE DATES AND TIMES
There are NO ADMIN OR MEMBERSHIP FEES.
To book one date at a time, select the date, then the time and then continue.
To book more than one date at once, select the date, then the time, then click 'Add a time'.
OPEN WATER SWIMMING - BOOK A PACKAGE
Serious about open water swimming? Then a package is a great way to save money AND plan ahead to ensure you don't forget your training regime. First book the package type that is right for you. Then you will receive an email confirmation with your very own personal code, which you can use to book your swim dates using the scheduler on this page.
OPEN WATER SWIMMING - EQUIPMENT
The following list of equipment is standard in any swimming environment. Please remember we are a specialist swim training facility and by opening our lake up to you, we have certain rules that if followed will make yours and everyone elses experience safe and enjoyable.
COMPULSARY WEAR - DURING SUMMER SEASON
- SWIM CAP BRIGHTLY COLOURED - for added visibility and warmth
- SWIM GOGGLES - protects your eyes from the suns glare and any debris in the air or water
- SWIM SUIT / SWIM TRUNKS - for obvious reasons!
*if you are a head up breaststroke swimmer - keeping your head dry, then you do not have to wear a swim cap or goggles but we would recommend you wear a tow float.
- WETSUIT - for added warmth and buoyancy (not available to hire - must have your own).
- TOW FLOAT - for added visibility and for your safety (compulsary for novice or 16 years and under).
- RASH VEST - for added warmth and protection from the sun.
LET'S NOT FORGET
- WATERPROOF SWIM KIT BAG OR TUB - this is the UK...even when the suns out there is chance of rain!
- LARGE TOWEL - you will want to be wrapping up and drying off once out the water, don't forget your towel!
- ROBIE / ROBE / DRY ROBE - the absolute best way to get changed when there are no changing cubicles - keeps you warm and protects your modesty. Many options online for one of these and we highly recommend you add this to your kit list.
We have a range of swimwear available to purchase from our reception or our website. You can view our product range online here>>
Tow floats are available to hire from reception for the duration of your swim.