With an easy ramped entry/exit for kayaks or step right off the jetty onto your SUP.
Each 50 minute session also gives you an additional 20 minutes on top to enjoy your time at our venue either with a walk around the lake and garden area or enjoying a hot drink and cake from our cafe.
Please note: Buoyancy aids are compulsary. When you hire a Kayak or SUP board from us, you will be supplied with a lifejacket to wear as part of the hire. If you are launching your own SUP or Kayak, you will be expected to bring your own lifejacket. We can hire out additional lifejackets subject to availability.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
- Bookings to be made online – sorry we cannot accept walk-ins / telephone bookings.
- Bookings are first come first served.
- When you book, you are agreeing to our t&c's and waiver agreement.
- Min age for Kayak or SUP at Crystal Lake is 6 years old (independently).
- Min age for shared craft is 3 years old please read t&c's for more info.
- Children aged 6-11 years must be accompanied by an adult on the water.
- Youths 12-18 years to be accompanied to the venue by an adult.
- Non participating adults to pay £3 per person in cash at reception upon arrival.
LEARN TO SUP or Kayak
We run instructed courses so you can learn how to Stand Up Paddleboard or Kayak at Ocean Walker Academy!
- A safety briefing before entering the water
- Equipment and gear overview
- How to get onto and up on your board safely (SUP only)
- How to use the paddle correctly
- How to manoeuvre the board (go forward, turning, stopping etc)
- Time to practice and have a paddle around Crystal Lake
- Plus warm up and cool down exercises
This is a great way to start and give you the confidence to book onto one of our 50min sessions where you can bring your own or hire one of ours to continue practicing and your enjoyment on the water.
The course fee includes hire of equipment:
SUP/Kayak and paddle