With an easy ramped entry/exit for kayaks or step right off the jetty onto your SUP.
Each 50 minute session also gives you an additional 20 minutes on top to enjoy your time at our venue either with a walk around the lake and garden area or enjoying a hot drink and cake from our cafe.
Please note: Buoyancy aids are compulsary. When you hire a Kayak or SUP board from us, you will be supplied with a lifejacket to wear as part of the hire. If you are launching your own SUP or Kayak, you will be expected to bring your own lifejacket. We can hire out additional lifejackets subject to availability.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
- All sessions must be booked online – sorry we cannot accept walk-ins / telephone bookings.
- Bookings are first come first served.
- When you book, you are agreeing to our t&c's and waiver agreement.
- Min age for Kayaking or SUP at Crystal Lake is 6 years old.
- Children under 6 are allowed, but please read our full t&c's prior to booking.
- Children aged 6-14 years must be accompanied by an adult on the water.
- Youths 14-18 years to be accompanied to the venue by an adult.
- Non participating adults to pay £3 per person in cash at reception upon arrival.
- Lifejackets are included when you hire one of our Kayaks / SUP's
*PACKAGES VALID UNTIL the 31st October 2022.
LEARN TO SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard)
Stand Up Paddleboarding is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, exercise and have FUN!
Our 2hr Learn to SUP sessions with our qualified instructor Sam Lister includes:
- A safety briefing before entering the water
- Equipment and gear overview
- How to get onto and up on your board safely
- How to use the paddle correctly
- How to manoeuvre the board (go forward, turning, stopping etc)
- Time to practice and have a paddle around Crystal Lake
It can take a few practices to become comfortable with paddleboarding, but this 2hr introduction will set you off on the right path!
The course fee includes hire of equipment:
SUP Board and paddle
What to bring with you:
You will be getting wet...so we recommend comfortable moisture wicking fabrics.
Rash vests/board shorts/leggings/swimwear.
We recommend that you do wear a top and leggings or shorts (not just swimwear), to protect your skin as you will be kneeling on and climbing onto the board.
Footwear - you can wear aquashoes or go barefoot.
Ocean Walker Academy have wetsuits available to hire from reception (£10).