ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?
This special SPOOKY 1hr45min swim session event is available to 14 years plus who have swam in open water before.
- You must book your own slot and provide your own details individually (you cannot book for multiples under one name)
- Bookings are first come first served. Numbers are strictly limited.
- When you book, you are agreeing to our t&c's and waiver agreement.
Read terms and conditions now>>
- You must be a competent open water swimmer (you must have swam open water before and be confident).
- Spectators - Max of 2 allowed to accompany participating swimmer in the same car @ £3 per person (payable in cash on the door). Please don't leave children under 18 unsupervised while you swim.
- NO DOGS for nightswim event.
- SWIMWEAR - You must wear the correct swimwear. Please see Open Water Night Swim Equipment list below.
- FANCY DRESS - You can arrive in fancy dress, but we cannot allow non-swimwear in the lake for the swim.
- Absolutely no picnics, bbqs, own food brought onto site.
The Ocean Walker Academy team will be on the water and on the banks overseeing the swim.
You will wear the Ocean Walker Glow Float provided at sign in so that you are visible to our safety crew and to other swimmers.
The swim course will be clearly marked and lit up.
If you get into trouble and have to exit the water during the night swim, there is no re-entry into the water once out.
Car Park - YES
Toilets - YES
Hot drinks - YES (1 x free hot drink for each swimmer available from the patio)
Changing Rooms - NO (come swim ready, bring a robie to change after your swim lakeside or at your car).
Showers - NO
Spectators - can watch from the banks, can purchase hot drinks/cake from the patio area (cash only).
HALLOWEEN NIGHT SWIM AGENDA
SIGN IN AT RECEPTION: 6pm-6:40pm
Parking for participants only at the Ocean Walker Academy Car Park (gates will open at 6pm).
Report to reception to sign in, collect your swim and safety equipment.
Any accompanying spectators must sign in with you.
You must wear a face covering when signing in at reception.
Bring everything you need with you from the car park - as reception and car park gates will be closed from 6:45pm until the swim finishes.
SWIM BRIEFING: 6:45pm prompt
Arrive with your swimwear on under your clothes for a quick change.
Briefing is at 6:45pm sharp, so please make sure you arrive on time as we will only do 1 briefing and you must receive a briefing to enter the water.
SWIM START: 7pm
SWIM DURATION: 1hour 45mins
You can swim for the full duration, or you can get out earlier. Once out, you are not allowed to re-enter the water.
SWIM FINISH: 8:45pm
The Ocean Walker Academy team will let you know when time is up.
If you want to know the time while swimming, please wear a swim watch.
VENUE CLOSES: 9:30pm
After your swim, please dry and change then you can redeem your free hot drink voucher from the patio area.
Drop your loaned GLOW FLOAT off at the designated drop point, and please make sure you sign out with a member of the Ocean Walker Academy team before you leave.
OPEN WATER NIGHT SWIM - EQUIPMENT
To participate in the open water NIGHT SWIM event at Ocean Walker Academy, you must wear the correct equipment.
Please see below what equipment you must have yourself, and what equipment we will loan or supply to you as part of your entry fee.
To avoid filling our lake with random spooky items, we are not permitting fancy dress in the water - unless it is superglued to your person 😉 Do feel free to arrive in costume.
OCEAN WALKER NIGHT SWIM EQUIPMENT - SUPPLIED BY OCEAN WALKER ACADEMY ON THE NIGHT
Compulsary swim equipment you receive as part of your booking fee:
- SWIM CAP BRIGHTLY COLOURED - Yours to keep.
- OCEAN WALKER GLOW FLOAT - For use on the night only (to be collected when you sign in and returned before you leave).
OCEAN WALKER NIGHT SWIM EQUIPMENT - YOU MUST BRING WITH YOU
Swim equipment you must bring of your own (items that are compulsary are marked as such, the rest are recommended or optional):
- SWIM GOGGLES - protects your eyes from any debris in the air or water *recommended*
- SWIM SUIT / SWIM TRUNKS - for obvious reasons! *compulsary*
- WATERPROOF KIT BAG - this is the UK...even when the suns out there is chance of rain! Your gear will be left on the lakeside at your own risk (we recommend you leave unnecessary valuables at home) *recommended*
- LARGE TOWEL - you will want to be wrapping up and drying off once out the water, don't forget your towel! *recommended*
- ROBIE / ROBE / DRY ROBE - the absolute best way to get changed when there are no changing cubicles - keeps you warm and protects your modesty. Many options online for one of these and we highly recommend you add this to your kit list if you don't already have one. *recommended*
- WARM CLOTHING - after your swim make sure you wrap up cozy, loose clothing works best when you are damp. *recommended*
- WETSUIT - for added warmth and buoyancy (not available to hire - must have your own) *optional*
- RASH VEST - for added warmth. *optional*
We have a range of swimwear available to purchase from our reception or our website. You can view our product range online here>>
BOOK YOUR NIGHT SWIM
Select the date, and time, then click continue to fill out your details.
Make sure you only book one slot under your name, we cannot refund you if you accidentally book more than one slot and you cannot give that slot to someone else as each person must book using their own name and details.
If you are booking on behalf of someone 14-17 years old then please ensure you are the parent/guardian and that you will be booking your own slot separately.
BOOKINGS can be made in upto 24 hours advance of the event.
All bookings to be made online (we don't take bookings over the phone/email/on the door).