2HR 'SPOOKED' KAYAK AND SUP EVENT HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Come and experience an evening of frights and delights at the Ocean Walker Academy - will you stay afloat!?
Night KAYAK AND SUP events at the Ocean Walker Academy
ABILITY LEVEL: Competent kayakers/Stand Up Paddleboarders only (14 years and over).
You must be confident open water swimmers also...should you fall in you will need to swim!
Limited numbers for this event.
Hire one of our kayaks or stand up paddleboards OR bring your own.
- When you book, you are agreeing to our t&c's and waiver agreement.
Read terms and conditions now>>
- You must be a competent kayker or paddleboarder as well as open water swimmer (you must have swam open water before and be confident), as if you fall in, you will need to be able to swim back to your vessel or to the shore.
- Additional users £20 each, payable on the door (if you have a 2 person kayak for example, or you wish to take turns with a single use kayak or SUP).
- Spectators - Max of 2 allowed to accompany participant @ £3 per person (payable in cash on the door). Please don't leave children under 18 unsupervised at any time.
- NO DOGS for night event.
- LIFEJACKETS - are mandatory. Lifejackets are included when you hire a kayak or sup from us.
- Absolutely no picnics, bbqs, own food brought onto site.
The Ocean Walker Academy team will be on the water and on the banks overseeing the session.
You will wear a LIFEJACKET during your time on the water.
The course will be clearly marked and lit up.
Car Park - YES
Toilets - YES
Cafe - YES
Changing Rooms - YES
Showers - NO
Spectators - YES (accompanying a participant - £3 per person, pay on entry).
NIGHT KAYAK/SUP - FULL 'HARVEST' MOON
(Saturday 10th September)
EXPERIENCE THE INCREDIBLE TRANQUILITY OF KAYAKING OR STAND UP PADDLEBOARDING AT CRYSTAL LAKE IN THE DARK.
£40 Bring your own, or £50 Hire
DATE: SAT 10TH SEPTEMBER
GATES OPEN FROM: 19:00
BRIEFING: 19:45 prompt
SESSION START: 20:00
SESSION DURATION: 2 hours
SESSION FINISH: 22:00
VENUE CLOSES: 23:00
NIGHT KAYAK/SUP - SPOOKED!
(Saturday 29th October)
FRIGHTS AND DELIGHTS! CAN YOU STAY AFLOAT KAYAKING OR STAND UP PADDLEBOARDING AT CRYSTAL LAKE IN THE DARK THIS HALLOWEEN?
£30 Bring your own or £40 Hire
DATE: SATURDAY 29TH OCTOBER
GATES OPEN FROM: 17:30
BRIEFING: 18:15 prompt
SESSION START: 18:30
SESSION DURATION: 1.5 hours
SESSION FINISH: 20:00
VENUE CLOSES: 21:00
BOOK YOUR NIGHT KAYAK/SUP
Bringing your own Kayak or SUP? Then select LAUNCH OPTION.
Want to hire one of our Kayak or SUP's? Then select HIRE OPTION.
Select the date, and time, then click continue to fill out your details.
If you are booking on behalf of someone 14-17 years old then please ensure you are the parent/guardian and that you will also be booking your own slot - under 18's must be accompanied on the water.
BOOKINGS can be made in upto 24 hours advance of the event.
All bookings to be made online (we don't take bookings over the phone/email/on the door).
Please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions prior to booking>>
NIGHT KAYAK and SUP EVENT - EQUIPMENT
To participate in the open water NIGHT KAYAK and SUP event at Ocean Walker Academy, you must wear the correct equipment.
LIFEJACKETS ARE MANDATORY
When you hire a kayak or SUP from Ocean Walker Academy, a lifejacket is included with the price.
If you are bringing your own kayak or SUP, please ensure you bring your own lifejacket - or you can hire one of ours for £5 on the night.
We do also have wetsuits available to hire on the night for £10 per person, which can be arranged on arrival and is subject to availability.
WHAT TO WEAR
Come prepared to get wet - even if you don't fall in, you need to get in and out, which will involve paddling into the water. If it rains, you will get wet.
1. Wear clothing suited to the weather, air temp and time of day.
2. Wear clothing that when wet does not become a sponge (eg jeans, joggers, jumpers are a no go). Sports wear, leggings, moisture wicking fabrics etc are best. Aqua shoes or no shoes.
3. Bring a change of clothing...should you go for a dip.
4. Bring a towel.
5. Bring a waterproof kit bag or tub (useful to pop your shoes and spare clothes in during the session which can be left on the lakeside).
For the Halloween session, please do dress up...BUT to avoid filling our lake with random spooky items, please ensure your costume will not fall off...if you fall in 😉