Designed with a gradual carpeted ramp into the water PERFECT FOR PADDLING and carpeted shallow area that goes to a maximum depth of 1.2m.
Family Splash and Paddle is a 30 minute session where you can cool off in the summer with your children in and around the water and enjoy being outdoors with the family.
We are a unique venue for pre-booked sessions only. At this point in time, the sessions are on time limits and we cannot allow picnics or all day access. Each 30min session also gives you an additional 20 minutes on top to enjoy your time at our venue either with a walk around the lake and garden area or on the patio area to enjoy a hot drink and cake after your dip.
(We are a specialist swim training facility, and we run many other courses which revolve around quiet and wellbeing. So once your session is through you can spend your allotted time onsite, but no longer - this will not change in the school holidays). There are some beautiful parks and public spaces close by that you can visit following your swim with us.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
- All sessions must be booked online – sorry we cannot accept walk-ins / telephone bookings.
- Bookings are first come first served.
- When you book, you are agreeing to our t&c's and waiver agreement.
- 1 parent/guardian to each child
- Children 3 years and over are allowed to paddle/enter the water.
- Children must never be left unattended at the Ocean Walker Academy.
- Parent/Guardian must always accompany children into the water.
- You must bring your own swimwear and buoyancy aids.
- A selection of Ocean Walker swimwear such as hats, tow floats, costumes are available from our shop.
- Please be mindful and respectful of your fellow paddlers - there is plenty of room for everyone to enjoy themselves in a safe manner.
*This is a brief overview, full t&c's available here>>
WANT TO SWIM FURTHER?
Did you enjoy having a Family Paddle, and would like to explore the rest of the lake? If you haven't had any open water swimming experience at all, or maybe you have, but feel a little nervous about getting back in, then please sign yourself up for one of our taster sessions at the Ocean Walker Academy. These sessions are the perfect way to introduce you to open water safely, with an experienced team taking you through the basics and getting you used to the incredible sensation of swimming outdoors.
SIGN UP FOR A TASTER SESSION HERE>>
OPEN WATER SWIM SESSIONS
If you are a keen swimmer and want to break free from the pool and experience swimming outdoors, then check out our open water swimming sessions. Suitable for 14 years and over, these sessions will give you upto 1 hour to spend in the water swimming our loop of Crystal Lake.
Find out more about the Open Water Swim Sessions>>
BOOK YOUR FAMILY SPLASH AND PADDLE HERE
AVAILABLE DATES AND TIMES
There are NO ADMIN OR MEMBERSHIP FEES.
By booking you have read and agreed to our venue rules for Family Splash and Paddle
and the Waiver agreement below.
To book one date at a time, select the date, then the time and then continue.
To book more than one date at once, select the date, then the time, then click 'Add a time'.